Clubs at Whitman

Wow, do you know how many after-school activities we have at Whitman?  There’s always something going on after school.  Don’t know what to join? Here are some options.  

First on the list is African American Heritage Club, which meets twice a month on Wednesdays in room 312 with advisor Mrs. Quinlan at 2:20 PM.   Are you into music? Check out Chamber Orchestra, which meets on Thursdays in Room 228 with Mr. Yolango from 6:30- 8:30 pm. Are you a band member?  Check out the Jazz Band, which meets on Mondays from 7-9 PM in the band room with Mr. Dietz.

Are you interested in learning more about business? Then you’ll want to check out the award-winning DECA club, which meets on Thursdays in Room 521 at 2:30 PM with Mrs. Kluepfel.  DECA is a well-respected club that is represented by high school and college students around the world. The primary goal is to prepare emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.   

Are you a freshman that wants to get more involved with your class? Check with freshmen class advisor Mr. Goldman in Room 114 twice per month. If you’re a sophomore, class advisor Ms. Papianou in room 627 for more information. Junior? Talk to Mr. Dolon  in Room 507. Senior? Ask Senior class advisor Ms. Zamow to give you the details.

Girls, here’s an idea – join the Girls Leaders Organization which meets bi-weekly on Wednesdays at 7 PM in the North Cafeteria with advisor Ms. Mahoney.   If you’re interested in student government, then check out G.S.O which meets on Mondays from 5:30 -6:30 in room 519 with Ms. Leogrand .  Are you a dancer? Then look at the Kickline/Varsity dance team, which meets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in room 224 in the dance studio from 2:30-5 PM with Ms. Boozer. If you like theatre and want to work behind the scenes, then Lamplighters is for you! They meet every Thursday in room 504 or PAC at 2:30 with Mr. Plompen.

If you are an excellent math student and love competing, check out Mathletes on Mondays and Wednesdays at 2:15 pm in Room 204 with Mr. Samedy.   Do you love art?  Then look into joining the National Art Honor Society, which meets Thursdays bi-weekly at 2:15 PM in Room 227 with Ms. Tinucci.  Are you a strong English student? Check out the National English Honor Society for grades 10-12, which meets as needed in room 633 with Mr. Pipolo. Are you proficient in a foreign language, taking a foreign language, or interested in different cultures? Look out for monthly World Language Honor Society Meetings.  Do you enjoy writing and journalism?  Then come to a Paw Print meeting.  They are every Tuesday at 2:15 in Room 528 with Ms. Baran and Ms. Maguire.    

With all these extracurricular activities, it should be impossible to face boredom at Whitman.