The student news site of Walt Whitman High School in Huntington Station, NY.

Safe Halloween 2016

This past October, Walt Whitman High School held another successful Safe Halloween. What is Safe Halloween? Safe Halloween is an event where children from kindergarten to fifth grade are welcomed to Whitman for activities and games.

The staff who happily joined us to participate in this event were amazing.

Kids went into the cafeteria to play games with the freshmen volunteers. Games included bean bag toss, golf, ring toss, pin-the-stem-on-the-pumpkin, and much more. Other activities, like coloring and going room-to-room for special surprises, gave the kids many options to enjoy. Decorations in the rooms gave a Halloween spirit to the school as kids received treats.

Many children had beautiful and amazing costumes which the staff really enjoyed. Alternatively, the children really enjoyed the staffs’ costumes. Many of the costumes were kitty cats, Minnie Mouses, squids, fairies, and even candy bags and a taco! The children had a very fun time as they played the games and got to show off their costumes.

Many parents enjoyed their experiences at Safe Halloween this year; it was good for both the kids and the South Huntington community. “I’m so happy Walt Whitman High School cares about the kids. They’re having a great time. And I hope to come here next year,” a South Huntington mother of two told us. As her daughter was playing, another mother told us that Safe Halloween has “nice activities and it’s fun for the kids.” A mother named Stephanie expressed that Safe Halloween is “so much fun. The kids are amazing.” Others comments included “it’s amazing, and I love the students helping out” and “it’s wonderful for the younger kids in the district.” Even children gave us their opinion: eight-year-old Brandon told us “it’s a good idea because you get to enjoy Halloween.”

Everyone had a very fun time being with the kids and seeing them enjoy their experience. Being able to hear the parents talk about how fun it was really filled the volunteers with joy. Thank you to all those who worked so hard to make this event possible. We hope to see you all at Safe Halloween 2017!

The Paw Print • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Paw Print Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *