The Paw Print

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Divorce

On August 23rd, 2014, just over two years ago, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie tied the knot at their estate, Château Miraval, in the South of France. Brad Pitt is an American actor and producer. He has received multiple awards and nominations throughout his career, such as his various Golden Globes. Angelina Jolie is an American actress, filmmaker, and humanitarian. She has also received many awards throughout her career, including an Academy Award.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie met on the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith in 2003, in which they played married assassins who are hired to kill each other, but then they fall back in love. The film gained popularity and awareness in 2005 when rumors of Brad and Angelina having a relationship emerged, while Brad was still married to Jennifer Aniston. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston soon announced their separation in January 2005, and not long after, he and Jolie became romantically entangled.
Brad and Angelina were married for ten years, and during their marriage they had four children together, in addition to a girl and boy Jolie adopted prior to the marriage. The children are Maddox Jolie-Pitt (15), Pax Jolie-Pitt (12), Zahara Jolie-Pitt (11), Shiloh Jolie-Pitt (10), and twins, Knox Jolie-Pitt and Vivienne Jolie-Pitt (8). Angelina and Brad have reached a custody agreement which entails that all six children will remain in Angelina’s custody and the children will continue therapeutic visits with their father.
Angelina Jolie filed for divorce on September 9th, 2016. Sources from Entertainment.com state, “Jolie filed for divorce on Monday, citing irreconcilable differences. She named September 15th as the date of their separation and did not request any child or spousal support. She asked for physical custody of the pair’s children, with visitation for Pitt.” According to TMZ “Jolie was upset with Pitt’s parenting ‘methods.’” Many other references speculate that Angelina and Brad were having a serious disagreement within choices over their children. Radaronline.com broadcasts “Brad Pitt isn’t letting Angelina Jolie win sole custody of their six children without a fight!”
A Walt Whitman High School student, Gabrielle Safian, is saddened by the parting of the couple and how inconsiderate people are, disregarding how “hurt” the family must be. She believes that it is a “private matter between Brad and Angelina” and should not be flaunted in their faces at every turn. Another Walt Whitman High School student, Jackson Lin shared similar feelings, claiming to be initially “puzzled and confused.” and still has not recovered from the shock of it all. Finally, Julio Taku, a junior in Walt Whitman High School, feels the couple should “still be together” and the end of the couple signifies that “love is dying.”

523 total views, 1 views today