The student news site of Walt Whitman High School in Huntington Station, NY.

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Deck The Halls

Photo taken from ComingSoon
Photo taken from ComingSoon

Are you looking for a movie to get you in the holiday spirit? Perhaps something comedic that you can watch with the whole family? Deck the Halls directed by John Whitesell is the perfect movie to suit you and your family’s comedic and holiday needs.

Deck the Halls takes place in the small town of Cloverdale, Massachusetts during the holiday season. The movie sets its focus on two families, the Finches and Halls. Steve Finch (Matthew Broderick), is known in his town for being “the Christmas guy” as he had always been the most involved during the holiday season. Steve feels that his title “the Christmas guy” is being threatened when Buddy Hall (Danny Devito) moves into the neighborhood and sets out on a mission to illuminate his house to a point that would be visible from space. Obviously, this was bothersome as it brought unwanted attention to his peaceful neighborhood and the lights proved to be an annoyance at night.

Ultimately, the two men began to compete against each other, foolishly trying to get the upper hand by crossing lines and trying to prove themselves better than the other. Will these two find a way to make peace, or will this holiday feud only grow? There is only one way to find out.