The Paw Print

Filed under Lifestyle

Teenagers + Ignorance= Unsuccessful Future Job?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Answer this simple question: what would you like to become in the future? Perhaps you will be an accountant, politician, manager, cashier, doctor, veterinarian, pharmacist, nurse, scientist, mechanical engineer, computer programmer, secretary, judge, lawyer, architect, plumber, mason, or an electrician. The mentioned professions is just a fraction of what’s available out there. So, do you have an idea of which one you are attracted to? An even bigger question is this: Are you preparing yourself to actually achieve your goal of becoming whatever you want?

Many teenagers in middle school and high school do know what their ideal job in the future would most likely be. However, many more teenagers are unsure of their future job. How can this lack of understanding be used positively?

The Valle twins, both freshmen at Whitman, graders have positive messages about this youth-centric issue.

“I think it’s alright if you don’t know what you want to be in the future because you can always change your course of life,” says William Valle.

“Even though you don’t know where you will end up, follow your interests and a career choice will become crystal clear to you,” states Wilmer Valle.

According to Amy Langfield of the NBC News, many teens in the United States are losing their interest in the careers relating to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). According to a new study, many people do not know what they want to be when they grow up.

What exactly is causing kids to not realize what they want to become? According to Abigail Lane of Tthe Guardian, the decision of their future profession requires time to think deeply and consider the trade-offs. Of course, time is almost everybody’s enemy today.  Young people may be forced to select the profession earlier.

According to independent.ie, many people claimed they didn’t know information about career choices early in their life. Therefore, it’s important for young people to learn about their interests and find a career before it might be too late. Easy job preparation may include taking courses in high school and college that are in line with to your profession. 

Many people, unfortunately, don’t pick their courses wisely. Some people do, however, know what they want to become once they grow up.

“I think people should make up their mind about their future and take courses that reflect that. I, being a 7th grader, already know that I want to be an aerospace engineer,” says Stimson Middle School student Saúl Ramos.

This is key in determining the successful completion of your goal of an ideal job. Evaluate your interests, hobbies, and your daily lifestyle. Find out what you enjoy doing. Once you have gathered all the data, try to come up with an answer to the following question: What do you want to be in the future?

2,228 total views, 2 views today