The Paw Print

Filed under Sports

Scott McEntee Executes his Swings at Port Jefferson Country Club to Move on to Counties

Back to Article
Back to Article

Whitman golfer, Scott McEntee, found the green at Port Jefferson Country Club where he shot an 87 on 18 holes which distinguished him as one of the top 20 scores in Suffolk County, good enough to proceed to Counties. Scott was the sole Whitman golfer to achieved the honor of advancing to county finals. His accomplishment is not surprising to anyone, especially not his teammates; fellow top golfer on the Whitman team, Anthony Calovic, recognizes Scott’s ability to handle pressure. Colvic told us, “he handles it the best out of all of us,” and that he does not “let pressure get to his game”. It was no walk in the park for Scott to get to where he is today. With consistent “practice at the range and constructive lessons” he was able to improve his golf swing which helped him earn a spot in the county finals (Scott McEntee). Scott’s parents could not be more proud of their son’s achievement. Seeing his hard work and dedication off big was “awesome” (Brian McEntee). Here at school, we recognize his great efforts to represent Whitman golf in a positive light, he was named October’s Athlete of the Month. Whitman certainly takes pride in his achievements and is glad to call him a Wildcat.

1,222 total views, 2 views today